MUST SEE: Webster Co. pulls off buzzer beater victory over Lyon Co. | News
WEBSTER CO., KY (WFIE)- The Webster County Trojans boys basketball team pulled off a buzzer beater victory over Lyon County on Monday night.
CLICK http://bit.ly/Y8utaV TO WATCH IT ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
Webster had led most of the second half, by as much as 10, but Lyon County began to pressure full and half court.
With about a minute left, the game was tied and Lyon County held the ball to stall for a last shot. At under 10 seconds left, Lyon County made a move and but a foul was called on Webster Co. just before the shot went up.
Shooting the bonus, Lyon County made both free throws to go up by 2 with just 2.1 seconds left on the clock.
Webster Co. called a time-out and setup a play they say had practiced for special situations.
Webster Co. senior Kyle Hayes was able to inbound the ball to sophomore Mason Roland who took two dribbles to the center of half court and let it fly with about 0.5 seconds left on the clock, and the ball banked in (you can see in video).
The final: Webster County 61, Lyon County 60.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Union-Webster County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Summer Concert Series on Friday nights this year
- HPD: Henderson man drunk, carrying pot while burglarizing garage
- Repainting of Twin Bridges to be funded with money from gasoline tax
- HPD: Drunk man arrested, threatens to blow up police department
- KSP: Man in Zion store parking lot narrowly escapes out of control car