KY 270 to close north of Sturgis | Transportation
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to close KY 270 just north of Sturgis in Union County on Tuesday & Wednesday, January 8 and 9.
The Union County Highway Maintenance Crew plans to close KY 270 during daylight hours near the 6 mile marker for the replacement of two cross drains. This is along KY 270 just to the west of US 60, between US 60 and Voss Road.
The roadway is expected to close about 8:00 a.m., CST, following the morning school bus run each day. The roadway is expected to reopen at about 3:30 p.m., CST, each day.
Motorists who regularly travel this section of KY 270 should make alternate travel plans for Tuesday and Wednesday. There will be no marked detour. Passenger vehicles may self-detour via Voss Road and Waller-Omer Road. Trucks should detour via appropriate state routes.
Top Union-Webster County Stories
Upcoming Events near Union-Webster County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- EXCLUSIVE: Investigator wants case of child death at restaurant reexamined
- Child dies after falling from counter at Henderson Captain D's
- Henderson man reports to jail, accused of taping contraband to his groin
- Traffic stop leads to arrests on several drug charges
- Henderson falls out of list of Kentucky's 10 largest cities