Lane restriction on Ohio River Bridge at Shawneetown | Transportation
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to restrict traffic to one lane on the KY 56/Illinois Route 13 Ohio River Bridge at Shawneetown on Wednesday, January 9.
The lane restriction is to allow electrical work on the bridge navigation lights.
Motorists can expect to encounter one lane traffic with alternating flow controlled by flaggers starting about 9:00 a.m., CST, on Wednesday. Delays should be minimal, generally less than 4 minutes.
Motorists should be prepared to encounter slowing and stopped traffic on the bridge. Appropriate caution is required in the work zone where equipment, flaggers, and maintenance personnel will be on the bridge deck in close proximity to traffic flow.
The work should be completed and the work zone removed by mid-afternoon.
The Shawneetown Bridge connects KY 56 (Morganfield-Shawneetown Road) at the 0 mile marker with Illinois Route 13 across the Ohio River between Morganfield, Kentucky, and Shawneetown, Illinois. About 3800 vehicles cross the bridge in an average day.
Top Union-Webster County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HPD: Henderson man drunk, carrying pot while burglarizing garage
- Repainting of Twin Bridges to be funded with money from gasoline tax
- HPD: Drunk man arrested, threatens to blow up police department
- KSP: Man in Zion store parking lot narrowly escapes out of control car
- Officials say the twin bridges needing new coat so soon due to type of paint